Ten hours of consultation with an EMDRIA approved consultant are associated with EMDR Basic Training. Trainees need to schedule consultation independently outside the training weekends and fees are paid directly to the consultant (typically $30/hr/person). The requirement is to do a minimum of 4 hours of consultation between Level I and II, and the remaining 6 hours after Level II. Consultation helps support clinicians to clarify their understanding of the EMDR Therapy approach and integrate it into their clinical work.
Consultation addresses the following issues:
- Use of the 8 phases of EMDR Therapy within a structured treatment plan
- Case conceptualization and target selection
- Client readiness including inclusion, exclusion and cautionary criteria for EMDR
- Application of the standard EMDR Therapy procedural steps
- Client safety and effective outcomes with EMDR Therapy
- Integration of EMDR Therapy into participants’ clinical setting
- Specific application of EMDR Therapy skills
Other issues that may be addressed in consultation are boundaries, transference/countertransference, the professional/personal interface (vicarious trauma), diversity, and referral and collaboration with other health care professionals.
Boulder, CO Area
- Rachel Cahn (Boulder, CO) 303-818-7575 or rachelcahnLPC@gmail.com
- Elizabeth Legg (Denver, CO) 720-244-1468 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Wilson (Denver, CO) 720-514-3425 or RWILSON@AllHealthNetwork.org
- Rosemary Wrzos (Boulder, CO) 303-786-7530 or email@example.com
Spokane, WA Area